Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Roadrunner in My Yard

One afternoon, last week I looked up from my desk and saw a roadrunner just outside my window. I should have tried taking a photo from inside, but there are screens on the window. So, instead, I stepped as stealthily as possible outside. I was able to catch a quick shot (below) of him dashing across the rocks, and although it's not the best picture, it does show some of the bright colors on his tail and around his eyes that you would generally miss. Once he crossed my yard, he perched on our fence for a while.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know what it is, but I've been seeing them everywhere lately. I saw two yesterday run across the road as I was going to the store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How incredible to look out your window and see a roadrunner! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete